[Sca-cooks] Whey

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Jun 24 06:16:55 PDT 2002

You can make a number of things from fresh whey.  I've managed to make
ricotta with it (very tasty), and also mjetost (the cow version of
gjetost).  I've never actually used it in baking, but it'd probably make
a nice addition to some breads, at the very least!
--Maire, who shouldn't have been, but was suprised, at how yellowy-green
the whey was (really adds meaning to "whey-faced" as a description! <g>)

<snipped>