[Sca-cooks] Wine names

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Mon Jun 24 19:40:58 PDT 2002

Why, particularly, do you think that Americans should be able to pronounce a
word they rarely, if ever hear?  If it is not spelled in American English
the way it is pronounced, why do you think it should be obvious and required
to pronounce it as some other language does?

Regina,
Who has to suffer through east coast pronunciations of Ora gone, and Will ha
met, instead of Ore E Gun, and Will am ette  :-)