[Sca-cooks] FW: Baker Wanted

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Jun 24 23:47:36 PDT 2002

At 11:30 PM 6/24/02 -0700, you wrote:

>--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:
>
>> 'Lainie
>> Who lives in AnTir (Oregon, Washington, Northern
>> Idaho, British Columbia,
>> Alberta, part of Saskatchewan, Yukon, Northwest
>> Territories, And Because
>> two subjects recently planted the banner there,
>> Antarctica.)
>

>Really?  Sounds like a good war opportunity here...
>
>Originally, Antarctica belonged to Caid, as part of
>her Southern Territories [i.e. New Zealand].  But the
>BoD, in its wisdom, officially gave possession to
>Trimaris.  Are you telling me that the BoD made a
>mistake?  :-)
>
>Huette

I said nothing of the sort, and I definitely did not eat that
plump-breasted pigeon...

In all honesty, I don't think that Antarctica belongs to anyone. No one
permanently lives there, the population is transient. There's no local
population base to draw from, and almost no permanent infastructure. As far
as I'm concerned, it belongs to whoever lives there at the moment.

The BOD can give it to whomever, but if there isn't anyone there... fish
and penguin guano don't buy memberships. And the BOD has been known to
make, er, *interesting* pronouncements. They're worth what we paid for
them, I suppose. :-)

'Lainie
-oops, better run for the rock! Will anyone recognize me in my robe and
slippers?