[Sca-cooks] Re:Scappi's OPERA - commercial sort of

Louise Smithson smithson at mco.edu
Tue Jun 25 04:59:46 PDT 2002

Devra wrote:
The good news is that I got my 3 copies of this monumental (no
kidding--about 3 inches thick) book this past week.  The bad news is
that it costs $139
(maybe buy it at Midnight Madness?) and is entirely in Italian...

I wish I'd known you were going to get this.  I broke down and ordered
mine from Switzerland last week another couple of weeks and I should
have it in my hands.  The fact that it is in Italian just adds to the
entertainment value.  A new translation project now that I have nearly
finished Libro di cucina/ Libro per cuoco (14th/15th c.) (Anonimo
Veneziano).

Helewyse