[Sca-cooks] Oven-frying Rysshews of Fruyt - questions

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jun 26 04:25:09 PDT 2002

In a message dated 6/25/2002 1:40:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ekoogler1 at comcast.net writes:

> No.  What we did was to put about a quarter inch of oil on a tray with a lip
> all around it (a jelly-roll tray, I think they're called).  Then, we slid
> them into the oven to get the oil heated...about 5 minutes or so.  Then we
> pull them out, and place the formed balls on the oil and put them back into
> the oven as quickly as possible.  I don't remember the exact amount of
> time...check them in 5 minutes and see how they look.  Then turn them over,
> slide them back in and brown the other side.

OK, that makes more sense now.  Do you remember what temperature the oven
needs to be at?
I really appreciate this.  I suspect we canget these taken care of whil ethe
beef is resting and being cut, and serve them pretty hot - although not too
quickly, or everybody will have mouth burns! They really hold the heat!

Brangwayna