[Sca-cooks] pronunciations

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jun 26 07:15:20 PDT 2002

Also sprach Siegfried Heydrich:
>     Of course, I am reminded of the local NPR announcer who once introduced
>a 'Ragtime by Scott Joh-plahn'. After it was over (and, I suspect, the
>recipient of many amused phone calls), he rather ruefully admitted it was
>actually Scott Joplin . . .

Oh, like Claudette Something-or-other-Francophonic, who changed her
name to Claudette Colbert [that's COLL-bert] to sound more American,
only to have later film historians mispronounce her name Claudette
Cole-BEHR...

...and then she set the U.S.'s immigration policy for a fairish
while, after a White House party in the REE-gan years...

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER