[Sca-cooks] Wine names

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Wed Jun 26 07:58:51 PDT 2002

hMMM....  After 16 years in Europe I think I picked up a smattering of a
number of languages.  Of course, wine names weren't my forte'. I was more in
the count to 10, "how much?" "too much!" and where's the bathroom style of
smatterer!

By the way how do you pronounce Rhein-Main, Mosel, Koeln (or do you prefer
the French pronunciation of Cologne)?  Is it Muenchen or Munich?  Are they
German wines or are they Deutch?  Interestingly enough, in my travels,
Pharsi just didn't come into any conversations at all.  Of course, one of
the reasons may have been that every French wine I ever drank tended to give
me a headache from the tannins, or simply didn't suit my palate as well as
the wonderful German Mosel's and Rhein (that's how they spell it) wines.

Regina