Getting OT...Re: [Sca-cooks] Entertaining stories for Lainie

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Wed Jun 26 09:44:02 PDT 2002

   Mom says "get me the carving knife". All I know is that a carving knife
is bigger than a steak knife. So I get the longest knife I can find, start
for the door (remembering that it's not safe to carry knives point side up,
I've got it in front of me point side down) and Mom yells "hurry up!" So I
run. Well... actually, I take three quick steps, knife slips out of hand,
and I freeze in order to watch the slow motion drop of the turkey carving (I
did grab the right one) knife fall toward my bare foot, then through my bare
foot - no pain. Weird. Thinking mind says "you must be in shock. This is
gonna hurt." Didn't hurt. When I finally dare to look again, knife is still
waving back and forth from the force of it's plunge through a inch and half
of our hard wood floor and it's *directly between the skin of two toes, not
cutting a thing*.
   Now I carry knives point down and extended from my side.

Rosine
(who also got hit in the face with the 20" bread knife by her 19 month old
son Zack - just because he wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But
that's a different story.)