[Sca-cooks] Entertaining stories for Lainie

Aurore Gaudin Aurore at hot.rr.com
Thu Jun 20 19:02:41 PDT 2002

Ok,  2am in the morning, 3 days before Rowany Festival (Lochac's equiv
of Pennsic).  Not really thinking or concentrating on what I was
doing...

I was putting in curtain hooks on a 20m length of wall for a large
pavilion (7m by 4m by 4m high) and was pulling the fabric across my
lap,  punch a whole with an awl, slide the curtain hook in and fold
over, measure 10cm, repeat...  Almost at the end when I slipped.  The
shank went through the canvas, jeans, and underwear and I felt the
"cold kiss of steel" slide past my scrotum, gently knicking the skin
me on the way through.  The adrenline rush that followed was amazing
and woke me up enough to realise it was "Beddy Byes" time...

ROFLMAO.  Sorry I'm a woman, can't help laughing.  Although my husband, who kind of is in the SCA, agreed that was an eye opener.  Aurore

ps. I have plenty more of these...  Drakey sets his garden on fire...
Drakey drinks bleach... Drakey eats hemlock... Drakey puts 2" darning
needle through hand... Drakey drops 50L glass fermenter full of
mead... Drakey spills yet more mead... Drakey blows up plastic
fermenter in bathroom (note that 3 of these happen in the last 6
months...).. Drakey's verbal faux-pas 1 through to [dang where is the
infinity key on this keyboard...]