Southern Cooking was Re: [Sca-cooks] (OT) Space Food Sticks

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 26 10:11:40 PDT 2002

on 6/26/02 8:26 AM, Susan Fox-Davis at selene at earthlink.net wrote:

> Jared gets all my share of the world's okra, for life.

    <Nods>  He can have mine as well.    I've had a long held belief the
modern day slug evolved from primitive boiled okra, (may my southern
relatives forgive me.)

    A friend of mine in Dallas reports that two popular sushi rolls at a
place near her house is a Okra and Tuna roll, and a "Louisiana Roll", which
is crawfish and caviar with spicy japanese mayo.   Sometimes the Louisiana
Roll also contains okra.

    - Padraig o Connell

"You know your leftovers have been in the fridge too long when they apply
for canton status."