[Sca-cooks] Roasting chickpeas?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jun 26 12:25:30 PDT 2002

In a message dated 6/26/2002 2:44:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

> But I think the chickpeas in the recipe have not been cooked, and the
> canned ones are. I would think that would make a difference.
>
> (This comes out similar to hummus, BTW. I've made it. Good stuff.)

Yeah, it would.  But I have no idea where one might get fresh chickpeas - I
have certainly never seen them for sale.  My options are dried or canned.  I
suppose I could soak the dried ones, drain them, and then roast them...It
would be easy enough to take care of over the next several days.

By any chance, do you have your redaction handy?  I'd love to see it.

Brangwayna