[Sca-cooks] Periodic Table [humor]

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Jun 26 23:25:28 PDT 2002

In a message dated 6/26/2002 5:08:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> I asked then and
>  there: why do people always remember that as " 'Let's get Mikey.'
>  'Yeah, he'll eat anything!' ", when in fact the actual thrust of the
>  ad was in fact the exact opposite? That he hated everything, and
>  therefore if _he_ liked the cereal, it must be good?

Actually, I remember it your way, it was just a throw-away line... I think
they are probably remembering the jokes that were made along those lines
_after_ the commercial came out, if you'll excuse the pun....

Along those same lines, there was a frozen shrimp (I think) commercial that
had a crab that crawled onto the table and stole one of the shrimp, the idea
being that if it could tempt a crab.....
Well, knowing what crabs are known to eat, I was hardly impressed...and
considering how long that ad ran, apparently everyone else did too. :-0

Corwyn

Thought for the day: There's a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental
illness."