[Sca-cooks] comfort foods and age

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Jun 27 07:30:53 PDT 2002

Not-'Lanie's Edouard saith:

> > So Would most people. The deal is, you have slices of
> > cheddar, and a wedge of pie, and you take a bite of
> > pie, then a bite of cheddar.
>
> Yes, that is probably the most common way of combining the two (Yuk!).
> My wife's family (from Pittsburgh area) would put grated cheddar in the
> pie itself.  Then again, she also likes peanut butter and bacon
> sandwiches.

And what's wrong with peanut butter and bacon? The only thing that can
make it better is thin slices of dill pickle. But it has to be crunchy
peanut butter, though, and toasted whole-grain wheat bread.

One year in high school I decided to see how many lunches I could make
with peanut butter permutations

Peanut butter and honey
Peanut butter and sugary fruit goo
Peanut butter and banana
Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff
Peanut butter and banana and marshmallow fluff
Peanut butter and banana and honey
Peanut butter and dill pickle
Peanut butter and bacon
Peanut butter and bacon and dill pickle
Peanut butter and apple slices
Peanut butter and raisins and honey
Peanut butter and bacon and apple slices (it was good, but *very* crunchy)

Margaret