[Sca-cooks] OOP-vacation restaurants...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 27 08:08:26 PDT 2002

I can help out with Richmond.  There's a wonderful "hole in the wall" Greek
Restaurant, the Athens, on Robinson Street in the Fan District.  If you've
got a little spare change to spend, try the restaurant in the Jefferson
Hotel...named for Thomas Jefferson's chef...can't remember the name of it.
It's fabulous!!! and it's worth the trip just to see the hotel.  It's an
historic landmark, built during the Gilded Age.  There is a Tiffany glass
demi-dome in the registration area, and a myth that the staircase scene from
"Gone with the Wind" was filmed on the staircase there.

Kiri