[Sca-cooks] OOP-vacation restaurants...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 27 08:45:30 PDT 2002

We'll be in DC on Saturday for the Festival as well...

If you take the Red Line out to the National Zoo stop, there are two great
choices.  What we usually do is have dinner at the Japanese restaurant
nearby (can't remember the name...it's been a while), then cross the street
to Ireland's Four Provinces.  They have a wonderful Irish atmosphere and
frequently have live bands, especially on the weekends in the summer...which
means they may also be crowded.

Olwen's suggestin is also good...The Red Sea is in that area, and is an
excellent Ethiopian place.  The only problem with Phlip's suggestion is that
the museum closes at 5:00 p.m., so that would be out.  There should be lots
of food available at the exhibit, but there's also the restaurant in the
basement of the National Gallery...and you don't have to be a member to eat
there.

Hope this helps!

Kiri