[Sca-cooks] Vacation restaurants -- Ashland, OR.

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Jun 27 15:08:49 PDT 2002

At 10:36 AM 6/27/02 -0700, you wrote:

>	I grew up in Ashland, OR, but only get back there about once
>a year now, so I'm not always sure what places are still in business...
<snip>
>Gepetto's, which makes these nifty deep-fried wonton-things.

Very fresj produce- good place. One of Greenleaf's competitors. :-)

>Munchies is a local favorite (I personally always thought it was
>OK, if not amazing) and is right on Lithia Creek.  It, and all
>the businesses along the creek, have been amazingly well-restored
>after the '98 flooding.

YES! And I am amazed at the job they did of putting the park back together,
thought they are having problems with drainage and bacteria in teh pond-
lost a swan recently.

>  And, for
>pastries, Puck's Doughnuts can't be beat -- though I think *they*
>may be out of business.

I'm not sure if they are. I know that Mistress Geraldine sold it a few
years back and went back to California.

Of course these and many questions could be answered by He Who Lives There,
but He has been busy and as I understand is mostly skimming with liberal
use of the delete key, out of self-defense. But then, he's on more lists
than I am at the moment... and he's cute...

'Lainie