[Sca-cooks] Was Get Fuzzy, Left-wing Cats, and Scrummy Food (OOP)

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Thu Jun 27 16:33:23 PDT 2002

> I have decided to begin at the top of my unread old messages and work
> through the bunch instead of doing the random hit and miss which I
will
> probably go back to anyway.  Came across this and have questions.
> What are; 2000 Yellowglen Brut Cremont, D'Arenberg 1999 'The FootBolt'
> Shiraz, and 2000 Brown Bros Orange Muscat and Flora???

The Footbolt is a very nice Shiraz but at $A20 is getting on the
expensive side.  It's a nice sturdy choice but not exceptional.  Now if
I could raid my father's cellar for his D'Arenberg 1995 Ironstone
Pressings....

2000 Yellowglen Brut Cremont is a nice (not quite brut...) champagne but
nothing completely special.  The Brown Bros Orange Muscat and Flora is
however an exceptional wine and by far my favourite.  It's a sweet white
(not quite a botrytis in sweetness) with amazing depth of fruit.  Goes
wonderful with any fruit based dessert or a cheese platter.  A good wine
merchant in the US should find a bottle with little trouble (might have
to order it.  It retails here for $US10.  If you can find a 1998, it's
the best vintage for it so far.

I have wonderful memories of a picnic with a dear friend under some
flowering fruit trees (the petals falling like snow when the breeze was
up) on a warm spring afternoon: Italian Bread w/- Goats Cheese and
balsamic vinegar, fresh fruit (mangoes and blood oranges) and a bottle
of 2000 Brown Bros Orange Muscat and Flora.  Very magical.

 And if they are
> all
> that good, how can I get some (since your coming to Pennsic)?

Not this year I'm not.  It would mean that my boss and I would be both
overseas at the same time and that would be a no-no...

Drake.