[Sca-cooks] mint

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jun 28 11:01:29 PDT 2002

> There's a question worth asking--which kind of mint is period for
> sekanjabin? At the moment I have spearmint, peppermint, chocolate mint,
> catmint, just planted the ginger mint, and the pineapple mint may or may
> not have survived the winter.

Hmm... well, we know that peppermint and spearmint were documented
varieties in period. Pineapple mint is a wierd cultivar and I can't
remember if it can be documented to period. However, good old Walafrid
Strabo said "Mint I grow in abundance in all its varieties. How many there
are I might as well try to count the sparks from Vulcan's furnance beneath
Etna" so there were a lot of varieties even then.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
	"Index your brain."