[Sca-cooks] RE: Hotel interested in period food

Aurore Gaudin Aurore at hot.rr.com
Sun Jun 30 17:23:14 PDT 2002

Here are some dishes I'm presenting:

Boar in Comfit (easy version)
Basically take equal parts white wine and honey. Warm and let it
thicken. Add ginger powder and some pepper. Then dredge cubes
of ham in the glaze.

A large tray of assorted tarts including strawberry, cheese, apple,
and spinach.

A large platter of cheese, fruit and crackers. Mainly because
they are serving a lot of wine and Selene wants it. And this
isn't exactly "unmedieval".

Apple fritters.
Apple slices dipped in beer batter and deep fried. Served with
powdered sugar.

White Leach
Cubes of milk jello flavored with sugar and rosewater.

Charmerchande (Braised Lamb)
Cubes of lamb braised in a broth of breadcrumbs, salt and herbs
such as parsley and sage.

Alows de Beuf (stuffed beef rolls)
Round or flank steak, pounded thin and rolled around a filling
of hardboiled eggs, parsley, onion and spices. Served in a sauce
of vinergars and spices, thickened with hardboiled egg yolks.

Mussels steamed in white wine and herbs.

Funges
Mushrooms and leeks cooked in broth and spices.

Add some nice pastries and such and I think this won't be
too far from the norm. It will take some discussion but at
least I have a direction that we will go in.

I do the slobbering weasel and wail "I WANT TO COME"  Aurore