[Sca-cooks] Big Eggs

Mina angelfire3 at dingoblue.net.au
Fri Mar 1 03:41:08 PST 2002

"OK.  What's a yabbie?  A goanno?  What do they look like?  (now watch..a
yabbie is probably a lizard and I already know what they look like!).
Olwen who I think is now on digest form (or maybe not)."

A yabbie is a fresh water crayfish , they can grow quiet large but most are
between 30 and 50 cm long when eaten, picture a small lobster which is brown
and you ahve a rough visual, (they are farmed here now as well), Goanna is a
lizard, and they can be more than a metre long, and yes they have been known
to bite people, but very nice meat,

most emu used here is now farmed and the texture of the meat realy does vary
depending on how it is cooked, and I also treat meat differently if I know
it is farmed as apposed to something I (or a friend) has killed .

and I will be the first to admit that I have gone from a chargrilled must be
dead meat eater to a medium to rare one, (amazing how pregnancies change
your pallet)

but with some things it is best not to risk it,

kangaroo is a very lean meat, as is goanna, and I am afraid I have found
crocodile to taste just like chicke (only at four times the cost lol)

Dominica