[Sca-cooks] Food rant

Louise Smithson smithson at mco.edu
Mon Mar 4 11:09:55 PST 2002

Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:

> Dont' mind me, I just have to rant a bit about what's available at
the
> local grocery store!  Arghhhh
>
> It seems to become harder and harder to find simple crushed/diced
canned
> tomatoes.  The stuff on the shelves is all pre-seasoned ad nauseam.
This
> style and that style of canned tomatoes.  Yerch.

My suggestion,
Plant a garden.  Put in more than 5 tomato plants.  Around August,
panic becuase you suddenly are being buried under pounds of fresh ripe
tomatoes.  Spend whole sundays canning tomatoes.
Hope that you find someway of using all that canned produce before the
next season (or just give it away, often my personal favorite).  But if
you can your own you can add as much or as little seasoning as you like.

Helewyse
Who still has way too much salsa, tomatoes, chillis, chutneys, jams,
etc in her canned goods area.