[Sca-cooks] Diabetic friendly foods

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Tue Mar 5 05:34:06 PST 2002

I am dietary control and a low carber [how I keep my levels low ;-)]
I can't do much correspondence from my work email addy, but use my home addy
[ margali at 99main.com  ] and start the subject with [diabetic sca] and i will
set up a filter into my prioroty file [I work 70 miles from home, and am
gone 12 hours of the day and have to be viscious triaging my email, so I set
up person and subject specific filters to put mail into priority files.]

I can highly recommend a particular 'cookbook' program, not inexpensive,
about $35 or so US, but it also comes with a diet and exercise tracking
program as well. The cookbook part is great as you get to immediately check
the nutritional breakdown of everything from fat/carb/prot/sodium, but iron,
various vitamines and minerals. It is good because it comes preloaded with
several thousand ingredients and some convenience foods, and you can add
more if you have the nutritional info to input. I use it to tweak
substitutions.

http://www.gotoits.com/nutridatademo/nutrifinal/aboutus2.html

Nutridata Cooking Companion. It comes with Diet Balancer and for kicks they
threw in a disc on 1 million recipes [mostly gleaned from those vanity press
firehouse/churh/school cook books, lots of duplication or very mintor
variances.]
margali

the quote starts here:
I am currently working to convert my redacted recipes to being Diabetic
Friendly.  the point to all of this is that our Baroness is a Diet
Controlled Diabetic.  Has there been any other attempts to do this?  I have
found it is not jsut a matter of reducing the added sugar at times it
depends on the recipe.  It has been things like using a milk/cream with
lower lactose/sugar content.

Arglwyddes Rhiannahn uerch Rhianfellt uerch Rhydderch Rhayader
(AA, OBT)
Arts & Sciences Mistress
Barony of River Haven
ICQ 118320906