[Sca-cooks] This is inexcuseable.

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 5 11:46:12 PST 2002

>Besides, of the MK Laurels I know (of) who got them
>for cooking in SCA, Alys K is the only one I'm sure
>who got hers for actual period cookery, which is not
>to say there aren't others, just that I don't know of
>them. A couple I'm reasonably sure got theirs for
>political prowess, which, in its own way is quite
>period ;-)
>
>At least my friend was open enough to the concept to
>discuss it with me, and be willing to teach and learn,
>once he realized how very serious I was about real
>Medieval cookery. There are others who are content to,
>um, rest upon their laurels, other than proclaiming
>themselves experts.

Philip. I have met with several Middle Kingdom Laurels
who have been able to speak at length on period cookery
and techniques. And those who may have gotten their Laurels
before period food was popular have been willing and excited
to learn. I feel there is no need to express such insulting
comments towards an entire group of people, or directing
barbs like this on a common forum. This is just the type of
reactionary, trolling post I have forbidden on this list for
years. If you want to hurt feelings or start a fight then I
suggest you do it eleswhere. I have warned you and others
about this type of conduct and I have hoped that people had
learned proper conduct. This is not it.
If there isn't a proper apology very shortly, you will be asked
to leave my living room.

Gunthar