Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] MK cooks

Louise Smithson smithson at mco.edu
Thu Mar 7 10:40:40 PST 2002

Margaret wrote:

Can we stop slamming the whole MK with the same bat, please? I have
been
to any number of delicious, documentable, and fully-attended (with an
accompanying huge waiting list) feasts in Northshield, which, last I
checked, was still part of the MK.

So maybe we're aberrant and dangerously progressive up here in
Northshield, but "Oh, ick, period food" is not something I hear much.
Faerisa, did you hear anybody complaining about your 12th Night feast?

Group preferences appear to be regional, as are overly-common dishes,
and
the MK is far too large to be considered just one region.

Margaret, who probably needs more cocoa or something
Margaret I wrote the quote below.  You will see that I said,
unfortunately I have only been able to attend local feasts.  They are
not up to much.  Hence in my area the reputation of medieval food is not
good the quality of feasts is not outstanding.  Out of this region this
is probably not the case.  And I am hoping to find some time this year
to travel to other areas and experience some of the wonderful feasts I
have heard of.
Some areas change more slowly than others.
Helewyse
> Unfortunately as a cook in the middle kingdom who has
(unfortunately)