[Sca-cooks] Cariadoc quandry

Chris Griffin talond at netwalk.com
Thu Mar 14 13:39:12 PST 2002

Good gentiles;

    I am working on a few of the recipes from Cariadoc's Miscellany and I
have come across a couple small snags, namely saunders and galingale.
Having visited most of the health and/or odd food stores in Columbus, I
found one who believes "galingale" may be synonymous with gallangal, which
he does not stock, but can order.  Has anyone else run into this?  Is this
the same substance and do I really want a pound of it?  Secondly, "saunders"
has drawn a blank everywhere.  Can anyone advise even what sort of
ingredient this is?

Waryn de Ashley