[Sca-cooks] The Powerade question- via Coke Inc.[Fwd: INGREDIENTS]

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Mar 14 15:35:11 PST 2002

After I wrote their customer services, this is what they send back...

EQueries I&CA wrote:

> Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company, Ms. Minnick.  We appreciate your loyalty to our products.
>
> There is no alternative sweetner in POWERade Light.  There are 7 grams of sugar per 8-ounce serving.
>
> If you have additional questions or comments, please visit our Web site again.
>
> Quentin
> The Coca-Cola Company
> Industry and Consumer Affairs

A. I'm not feeling especially loyal right now, because-

B. The second sentence was an outright lie. Ace-K is on the ingredient
list, and the FDA calls it an alternative sweetener.

C. I told them so.

So much for truth in labelling, eh?

'Lainie
VERY irritated