[Sca-cooks] dried meat redux

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Tue Mar 19 12:03:02 PST 2002

 I would love to hear about the dried meat. I was in my favorite persian
market friday poking around in the freezer case and found a brownish red
2X4, well the lable said dried meat, ingredients were beef and salt. I would
love to get one to experiment with, and I would love period or nonperiod
recipes.
margali
not to mention the different fruit leathers - pomegranite, barberry and
apricot. Dill water also looked sort of interesting...and they had the
cookie molds.

the quote starts here:
Well, i never found the recipe i thought i saw for Medieval Near
Eastern dried meat.

Anahita