[Sca-cooks] body piercing

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Mar 21 23:40:36 PST 2002

Gunthar declared:
> Now to go get my navel pierced....

Hmmm. Now that you remind me, I can't remember this subject coming
up on the Rialto or elsewhere previously, so..

Does anyone know if self body piercing was practiced (for appearance,
tradition, custom) in period? And by which cultures? I seem to
remember that tatooes were frowned upon by the Church, so likely
they would not have liked body piercing either. But maybe there
were non-christian peoples that did practice this?

So Gunthar, are you going for a simple ring or something fancier? :-)

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net