[Sca-cooks] horseradish fries

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Mar 24 00:25:13 PST 2002

Thank you everyone for the comments/cautions on the
horseradish.

I *like* my horseradish sauce to be hot. In a reasonable
quantity, it should make your eyes water. I really like
breaded, fried mushrooms. But all too many places want to
serve them with ranch dressing or something wimpy. Even
some of those that offer a horseradish sauce have one
that is too mild.

Below is the message that I was thinking of on the
horseradish fries. The second paragraph of Balthazar's
comments specifically. I had forgetten that they were
dipped in buttermilk and flour before frying. So, this
might cool down some of the sharpness of the horseradish.

I still haven't had a chance to try these. Maybe at the
SPCA camp at Pennsic....

Stefan

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net