[Sca-cooks] another disability story, was Re: I quit

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Mar 28 15:20:00 PST 2002

I previously posted about the person who felt that we shouldn't advertise
our camping site as handicapped accessible. In all fairness, the story
about the visually handicapped woman 'seeing' someone's costume reminded
me of a directly contradictory story about the same person.
We were doing a demo, one of the kind where you come in and give set
presentations. I was the chatelaine and I was so nervous I didn't know
whether I was on my head or my heels. This other person noticed that there
was a blind woman in the audience, and moved swiftly and discreetly to see
that the woman got a chance to 'see' the materials we were showing off. I
was very grateful to the person for noticing this and doing something!

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa