[Sca-cooks] Rosewater

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 30 23:42:06 PST 2002

Today, Margali and I went to her favorite ME grocery,
and we got to discussing some of the ME sweets we'd
tried last time. (It was wonderful baklava today,
nyah, nyah ;-P )One of the things we'd noticed, is
that the rosewater flavored things we'd tried all gave
us the rose flavor as an after taste, rather than an
up-front, in-your-face type of flavor, and we were
wondering, if there's anything in the literature that
indicates the usual amounts and usage of rosewater?
We're thinking that the amount used in most of the
redactions we've seen might be more than perhaps
actually used, both modernly, and in period. Does
anyone have any evidence either way?

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,