[Sca-cooks] Dried meat in period?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Mar 2 15:35:18 PST 2002

There is a weird title that Poison Pen Press
stocks called Tender Meat under the Saddle.
Anyone interested in this topic of Magyars
and nomads may want to check it out.
the entry:
Tender Meat Under the Saddle (Sonderband VII) - $18.00
Subtitle: Customs of eating, drink, and hospitality
among conquering Hungarians. Series of essays on
various aspects of this topic. Scholarly. Tr pb.
Medium Aevum Quotidianum. It's from a conference
held at Budapest in 1996 and translated into
English from the original Hungarian.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis