[Sca-cooks] Re: Irish Stew recipe

Hank steinfeld at tqci.net
Sun Mar 3 04:17:27 PST 2002

I found this very interesting, since the comment that it may have been
common enough not to have been "documented" has been a theme in the past.
This would suggest that there is a body of recipes, yet to be discovered,
that "everybody" knew and so did not have to be written down.  Has anyone
done any kind of a search for such a thing?  This draws to the concept of
"if it was available in period, maybe it was used or cooked as we may
today".  At the risk of unlidding that boiling pot, it opens up the range of
possible feast options a great deal.

Yours, likely in the stew,
Muirghen