[Sca-cooks] Imaginary list was Re: Irish Stew recipe

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Mar 3 19:24:03 PST 2002

Also sprach Philippa Alderton:
>Don't forget armored turnips....
>
>And should we include Deadly Chicken, or is that a
>subspecies of Roast Chicken?
>
>Phlip

I think Deadly Chicken is a subspecies of roast chicken characterized
by improper preparation/cooking. Properly roast chicken is pretty
good...

It did occur to me that I might refer to it as Deadly Chicken, aware
as I am of your views based on bad experiences, but really the thing
I felt comment-worthy was its ubiquity.

And yes, honey butter, armored turnips, ember day and brie tarts
(another little beef I have with Constance Hieatt... how could you
look at a medieval English recipe for Tart de Brie, made with
[presumably] Brie cheese, with a recipe immediately following for
Tart de Bryimlent, clearly a meat-and-dairy-free recipe suitable for
the pre-Easter period of Church-imposed austerity, and ask if maybe a
brymlent is a kind of _fish_??? Hul-LO!!! [taps on head like door
knocker] Tart de Brie in Lent! Duh!)

Adamantius (I don't make a habit of teasing people mercilessly about
such errors, but I expect better from a respected leader in the field)