[Sca-cooks] Re:BEEF was Imaginary list was Re: Irish Stew recipe

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Mar 3 20:35:52 PST 2002

There are at least two new works coming
out on the subject of beef eating in England,
so all the questions regarding when the English
ate beef and the amounts may be answered by
these. Two works already out are Welsh Cattle-Drovers
which examines the transportation of beef on the
hoof to the markets in England and Cattle: a Social
History by Laurie Winn-Carlson which came out
last fall.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis