Pastry, was Re: [Sca-cooks] Imaginary list

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Mar 4 10:06:30 PST 2002

> >-- Jadwiga, who is not looking forward to the necessity of learning to
> >bake pies in order to be considered an authentic cook.
> Hey, if others' expectations matter, then they matter ;-( . If not,
> then there's no problem. And if you decide you do want to learn, let
> me know; I'm not the best pastry person on the planet but I'm not
> bad, either.

Thanks, I may take you up on that as soon as I've gotten comfortable with
cooking chicken. (Hint: do not attempt to grill chicken for the Seyme' of
Veal recipe in Medieval Kitchen without a) washing and de-fatting it and
b) letting the very hot gas grill cool down a bit.) I'm still working on
bread, though.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa