[Sca-cooks] ember day

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Mar 4 10:53:57 PST 2002

A day dedicated to the premis of 'I can't believe I ate the WHOLE
thing!<burp>'?
margali

the quote starts here:
No, but it's not _too_ far from the winter solstice. Neither are the
others too far from visible season changes which define the farmer's
year, as opposed to the mathematician's year. It could be one of
those pagan holdovers/adoptees in honor of the change of the seasons.
Of course, virtually every religion has a period of reflection and
penitence following a major holiday...

Adamantius