[Sca-cooks] SCA Chef's 58 varieties

Mark Calderwood mark-c at acay.com.au
Mon Mar 4 17:04:21 PST 2002

At 12:58 4/03/02 +1100, you wrote:
>in Lochac,
>Ember Day tarts

Are not served that often in my experience, but they should be.

>- Pea soup in various forms

Have had this once over a decade ago

>- honey and saffron tarts

served a fair bit, and why not? they are period and firm favourites.

>- mushroom pastries

Rarely. I have made these once, and seen them only twice.

>- honeyed carrots

Seen these once like 15 years ago. Not since.

>- Jumbals

never seen

>- angels food

this is only a recent addition to feasting here, and deservedly so. Most of
these are tried and true favourites, and I don't think particularly
overused. Think you might be talking about just one barony here.

What should/must be stamped out is the distressing recurrence of turkish
delight, baklava, tabouli, hommous, and general bad lebanese takeaway and
modern recipes being passed off as period middle eastern food" in
Lochac...the jihad continues...

Giles
Allahu Akbar