[Sca-cooks] Angel's Food

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 11 10:14:02 PST 2002

I have found quite accidentally that La Quinta's (I believe that is the brand) quince paste is awfully good with angel's food on either flatbread points, or the shrewsbury cakes would be lovely as well.  It's almost like having marmalade without the efforts.  I'm going to remember this thread next event so I can have some sweet snacky jewels to share.

niccolo

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
<<<I usually bring along pizzelles and a tart jam/preserve to go with it. You smear the angel's food onto the pizzelle and then top with the preserve & it is quite tasty. I also tend to pack shrewsbury cakes and have one good friend who is in the habit of making a shrewsbury cake/angel's food oreo!
Happy snacking,
Serena da Riva