[Sca-cooks] SCA Chef's 58 varieties

KazOShea at aol.com KazOShea at aol.com
Mon Mar 4 18:34:50 PST 2002

OK I do need to chime in a little here...I was the head cook for a feast that
had an Elizabethan theme and was able to make the entire feast without
mushrooms,beef or honey butter.
I served lamb cooked in ale, rabbit,pork cooked with fruits and herbs,
mustard soup,egg and cheese soup, buttered vegatables, buttered peas, leek
pie and had marzipan flowers and merangues ( sp?) on the table. Head table
got quails poached in red wine stuffed with apples and chestnuts in addition
to everything else.
The bread was served as sops for the lamb and rabbit.
I had received many very nice comments on the feast from those that ate and
from those in the hallway wishing that had bought feast tickets. ( It smelled
wonderful and permeated the whole building. )

Iago

BTW: Olwen loved the marzipan twinkies I received. Those were oh so very sick
and wrong. And people I showed them to loved them.