[Sca-cooks] garden

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Mar 5 15:31:05 PST 2002

> But I was planning on getting some chickens and some pintade/guinea fowl to
> eat the ticks in the yard and make eggs, and about 6 geese/6 turkeys
> [McMurray Hatcheries has minimums on how many critters they can ship]
> because I actually have rob home to build a portable coop this spring...

Portable coop? Is this so you can bring them to SCA events and other
places when you won't be home?
:-)

Actually, a co-worker here raises chickens at home. The portable coop
has a pair of wheels on it. It allows him to move the coop around so
the chickens eat the bugs and fertilize different parts of the yard.

> and I adore fresh eggs, which should start arriving in November or
> thereabouts...
> margali
> [and we have to plant some artichokes just because, and a zucchini plant for
> the iguana.]

Ah! Something useful to do with a zucchini plant!

Stefan