[Sca-cooks] yogurt

Tara Sersen Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Tue Mar 5 19:21:28 PST 2002

 > I see on the shelves plain yogurt and a whole bunch of different
 > fruit flavors and coconut cream etc. However, I can seldom find
 > chocolate yogurt. I mean with chocolate syrup mixed in. Not a pool
 > of chocolate in the bottom of the container. These are tiny, tiny
 > containers. It's not easy to stir up the bottom and mix it in, or
 > add more syrup and mix it in, without making a mess.
 >
 > I simply want a yogurt with the chocolate syrup already mixed
 > in, like chocolate milk or chocolate ice cream.
 >
 > I find it hard to believe there is no market, since chocolate ice
 > cream is so easy to find. Is there some reason that chocolate
 > doesn't work well in yogurt? Does it curdle it or something? :-)

You know, I have no idea why they don't sell it pre-mixed.  I think they
do it with fruit flavors because it makes it seem more like they're
using real fruit (even though the stuff at the bottom is mostly jelly.)
   I suppose they do it with the chocolate just because it's their standard.

However, I can make one suggestion :)  Instead of mixing it with a
spoon, because that never gets all the stuff up, shake the container
hard before opening it.  With the jellied fruit flavors, it mixes it
much better - you don't end up with globs of jelly.  And with the
chocolate type flavors, it gets it all up from the bottom.

-Magdalena