[Sca-cooks] Food rant

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Mar 5 22:26:14 PST 2002

Gorgeous Muiredach declared:
> >My suggestion,
> >Plant a garden.
>
> Ahh yes, plant a garden...  <sigh>  I would LOVE to have a yard to plant a
> garden in...  Instead, I have an ashphalt parking lot...  And the space I
> have is used to grow bonsai that are not bothered by the complete shade my
> little area gets. :-(

Hmmm. You still may not be able to do a lot, but it sounds like there
are a number of herbs and maybe other food plants that would grow as
potted plants on a section or around the edges of your asphalt parking
lot. If these were on shelves or on cement blocks this might even
be easier for you to handle from the wheelchair.

This article by Jadwiga might also prove useful:
Herbs-Sm-Grdn-art (32K) 10/10/01    "Medieval Herbs for the Very Small Garden"
                                       by Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/Herbs-Sm-Grdn-art.html

I will be starting my herb garden again this spring. I had a electronic
timer drip waterer hooked up to water my potted herb plants.
Unfortunately, the battery in the timer ran out, and I didn't realize
this until too late. So most of the herbs died. Maybe I should just
stick to the *Flori*legium. sigh.
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net