[Sca-cooks] Selene's Victory

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Mar 6 22:14:58 PST 2002

Count Gunthar replied to me with:
> Do you reallly think that any woman who could manage to
> live with me could possibly be inconspicious about ANYTHING?

True. But perhaps compared to you, she looks inconspicious? :-)

> >Hmm. Just getting a feel for things in your new kingdom until
> >you finish the residency requirements?
>
> In a way. I have no intention of fighting for a Crown until
> I know the kingdom and it knows me. The worst possible thing
> would be to become the Crown and make all kinds of stupid
> mistakes because I'm still unaware of the popular culture.

A very wise comment.

> >Well, let's see. Another Crown Tourney in another six months.
> >Will you have met the residency requirements by then? Let's
> >check, will that make you Prince or King at the next Estrella? :-)
>
> I will be eligible to fight in the next Crown to be held in September
> if I desire. Of course life would have to be right for me to even
> want to try. And then there is the fact that some other extremely
> good fighters just may have something to say about that. Some of
> them are far more deserving of the title than I as well.

Having been your subject for one reign, this I find hard to believe.

Besides, it may be that Atenveldt may need the rain... :-)

> It all
> comes down to who is having a good day. Whatever good gentle who
> wins the September Crown will be Sovereign at Estrella.

Sometimes, unfortunately, it also comes down to who is willing to
bend their Honor. Lately, the Crown Tournaments in Ansteorra
have been very cleanly fought, and you have high reputation for
fighting honorably. I, for one, wish you the best when you feel
you are ready.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net