[Sca-cooks] MK cooks

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Mar 7 08:46:53 PST 2002

> Philip wrote:
> (snipped for length)
> The feasts in the MK tend not to be particularly
> period <snip>
> Much of the reason MK feasts seem to be non-period is
> I think, because there's a perception that period food
> is nasty in the MK <snip>
>
> Unfortunately as a cook in the middle kingdom who has (unfortunately)
> only attended local Baronial Feasts (one was OK, the other was a
> potluck).  I have to agree with Philip.  When I told my household I

Can we stop slamming the whole MK with the same bat, please? I have been
to any number of delicious, documentable, and fully-attended (with an
accompanying huge waiting list) feasts in Northshield, which, last I
checked, was still part of the MK.

So maybe we're aberrant and dangerously progressive up here in
Northshield, but "Oh, ick, period food" is not something I hear much.
Faerisa, did you hear anybody complaining about your 12th Night feast?

Group preferences appear to be regional, as are overly-common dishes, and
the MK is far too large to be considered just one region.

Margaret, who probably needs more cocoa or something