[Sca-cooks] MK cooks

Tara Sersen Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Fri Mar 8 08:31:24 PST 2002

 > On the other hand, my mundane ex-boyfriend jabbed at me for the redaction
 > of Hen in Broth that used canned chicken broth, theorizing that the
'added
 > flavors and colors' probably made the difference in the recipe.  [At the

There is something to that... I usually use homemade chicken or turkey
broth for soups and pot pies and things (PA Dutch style potpies - stew
with big, meaty noodles, not the stuff in a crust.)  But, I use the
stuff in quart sized aseptic packages for making rice and other
incidentals.  When I ran out of the packaged stuff and used my turkey
broth for rice last week, I found it to be *really* bland compared to
what I was used to.  Yet, I've never found soup or pot pie to be bland.
   So, the packaged stuff must be well hyped with something.

-Magdalena