[Sca-cooks] MK cooks

Kim Schab madchefla at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 11:23:54 PST 2002

(I'm not
> about to try to feed 60-80 people cooking over a
> wood fire)
 You should give it a try, with help it's a heck of a
lot of fun! :)

Now,
> that being said, I was NOT
> in charge, and like any good sous-chef, I did what I
> was told, and made the
> recipes the way I was given them. I was not trying
> to denigrate the Chief
> Cook or her plans

Having been a good Sous Chef, the Sous Chef is the one
person who SHOULD be able to tell the Chef, are you
SURE?  You really want to do that?  That is the job of
the Sous Chef, to not just help the chef, but to be
his backup brain among other things...if they are
good. The concept is that there is a trust and respect
at that level that is different than with your other
cooks, line cooks, etc. But then again you should have
been brought in at the planning phase.  Personally, I
do that with all of my volunteers, I don't just have a
my way or the highway attitude.  I let them know what
I'm doing and why I'm doing it from the beginning,
they feel more invested in it that way.
> Do I make any sense at all?
>
> Avraham

Yes of course you make sense...what it tells me is
that you are a nice guy and helped keep her fat out of
the fryer as it were.

Alessandra

=====
"Optimism is a force multiplier."  Colin Powell

Always remember, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards :)