[Sca-cooks] New Books of Possible Interest

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Mar 8 11:29:04 PST 2002

> Johnna, not only are you an enabler, you're a pusher,
> worse than Timothy Leary and that crew. Not only do we
> suffer the addiction, but you're going out of your way
> to help us find the dr... er, I mean, "book" of our
> choice! And you can't be satisfied just encouraging
> one fix, or two, no, not you!!!!

Years ago, some government agency distibuted a poster to libraries with
the slogan "get them hooked on something that costs only 30 cents an
ounce." The local public library still has theirs up, and I wince-- even
though I'm a librarian-- every time I see it.

It's not the ounces... and besides, the cost of books has gone up...
*sigh*

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa