[Sca-cooks] Sous Cheffery

Randy Goldberg MD goldberg at bestweb.net
Sat Mar 9 04:36:55 PST 2002

> Certainly, that is the ideal, but in this instance,
> Avraham apparently knew that she was going to use
> boxed gravy mix at the last minute. The time to
> suggest that a Head Cook should use a different
> ingredient is NOT in the final stages of feast prep,
> particularly if said Head Cook is holding sharp
> cuttlery ;-)
>
> I don't know why Avraham didn't know until the last
> minute- perhaps he didn't volunteer until after
> everything was planned, or perhaps it was a
> misunderstanding similar to the one Adamantius and I
> had. But, he did the right thing by doing the best he
> could with what he had.

No, actually, I WAS in the planning, and knew about it right off. I voiced
my objection to it from the first planning meeting, and was told, more or
less, "We don't have the time, the money or the staff to do it any other
way." When I tried to suggest ways to handle it, the subject got changed.
The subtext seemed to be "You're new and you don't really live in our
territory, so just shut up and do what we tell you." Which is why I won't do
ANOTHER feast for them. And told them so.

Avraham