[Sca-cooks] My first feast (LONG)

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 11 06:35:01 PST 2002

I dunno...sounds to me like you did a remarkable job under less than ideal
circumstances.  And...the best part of all is that you learned from your
mistakes.  It is very important with things in life to understand that
nothng is a disaster if you can learn somehting from it.

One thought for future reference:  a truly great thing about most stews is
that they are usually better the second or third day after they are
cooked...so that stew you made could have been cooked several days in
advance and would therefore have tasted even better.

It's also a good thing that you are not planning to headcook a feast again
until you're through with your undergraduate work.  At this point in your
life, your studies are the most important thing you have to do.  When you
have time to help out in kitchens, do so...you'll keep on learning about
doing feasts so that when you do feel you have the time, you'll have
acquired much more experience and knowledge!

Congratulations!

Kiri